Thursday, November 27, 2008

Viva Las Vegas

Let me start off by saying the time spent in Las Vegas was too short! We got off to a rocky start, as my friend was delayed a whole day due to snow in her area. So, I started off on my own! I was so flustered about the delay, that I ended up in the airport with my house shoes on! Once I arrived at the Venetian Hotel, I felt a little better about my “fashion mishap” when the first person I saw was an intoxicated man in a bathrobe, cowboy boots and cowboy hat. I knew I had arrived in Vegas!

As I spent the first night alone at the slot machines, I realized that management in Vegas assumes that everyone knows how to play the slots. I really wish the machines came with instructions. I did not know what I was playing for, much less how to play, all I know is I lost the $50.00 in slot credits given to me by the hotel in about 11.8 minutes! Nevertheless, it was fun, lonely but fun. I also enjoyed people watching, a sport usually more enjoyable with a partner, but again this was Vegas and people do some crazy things there!

I spent Friday morning walking around Vegas and shopping while waiting for my friend to arrive; it was actually nice being alone. Vegas has a lot going on, and you can easily get lost in all of the madness, which I did! My friend finally arrived in the early afternoon and we were off! Talking, laughing and just being together was worth all the money and snafu’s! We went to a comedy show, Cirque de Soleil (sp), gambled (the hotel credits), shopped, got spa treatments, ate and did all that in less than 48 hours!

My only regret was not having more time to just be! The other sad thing was realizing how much I missed her in all of her craziness and mine. Good friends are hard to find, and in my case hard to spend time with, but when you find a good one, spending ridiculous amounts of money in order to spend 48 hours with them just seems like the natural thing to do!!!

I’ll post pictures later.

No comments: