Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mancala




One of our favorite games in the house is a marble game called Mancala. While Trey and I play for pure enjoyment, Bella and her father take it to another level. Hamartrya can't even change his clothes when he gets home because he can't wait to battle Bella in a game. We knew that Bella is super competitive and often wondered where she got it from, well now we know. The audio to their games is priceless. I have to often remind Hamartrya that she is 6 and he is 35, but she talks "junk" right back to him. They are now in their 2nd hour of play and she is up 6 games to 4. I have to admit, she has a really good strategy in this game. Their tournament will have to end tonight, as Bella joined the choir at church and has to be there in 20minutes!


2 comments:

Karin said...

Brandon is actually teaching our boys to talk "trash" when competing. I can see it coming naturally to Miss Bella.

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

too funny!! Welcome to the world of blogging!! I'm SO glad to be able to read of your family's adventures
I have to say this sounds like my 7 yr old and hubby with chess. never thought to pull out the mancala, we've not played in years...might have to do that tonight! I think they'd love it...THANKS!