Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Off to Vegas!

I am off to Las Vegas tomorrow to meet up with one of my favorite girlfriends for a relaxing weekend (met her courtesy of the USMC)! No kids, no cleaning, no cartoons, no where to be, I could go on and on! I am trying to follow in the footsteps of one of my oldest and best friends mother, who like me is the wife of a military man (ooh-rah). After probably more than twenty years (sorry if I'm dating you wrong Mrs. H.) of being retired from the military life, she stills stays in contact with some of the good friends she has met along the way. You see, one of the hardest parts of being married to a Marine (besides the obvious) is that I have to continuously say goodbye to some pretty amazing people who actually serve as surrogate family, temporary mom to my kids and most of all, best friend! Although distance separates me from from just about everyone I call a true friend, I know in time I will meet more amazing people here in California, but I will never be able to forget the imprint left in my heart from those dear friends I have met along the way! Moral of the story is.....off the Vegas baby to meet up with one of those "imprints in my heart"!!!!!

2 comments:

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

My Mother crossstiched a picture that went up in every house, "Home is where the Army sends you" I never thought of how challenging it was for my mother because she handled it all with such grace and a postive attitude...looks like you are doing the same for sure, what a lovely way to look at it!!
As a child, I LOVED it...I loved having so many friends all over the world! I loved the excitement of waiting on our next orders, I loved the surrogate families we created, etc etc

Joe and Carolyn said...

Carrie, you a good Marine wife! You deserve this break especially considering the past couple of years. Have a good time, relax, and hope you hit a jackpot!! Love, Mrs.H