Sunday, January 4, 2009

Part 1 continued

We went back to the apartment early on Christmas Eve to read stories and play games. Our jetlag was really bad and none of us could go to sleep until 4-5am, which meant we woke up at 12-1pm on Christmas Day - fun, fun! We each had brought a small gift for each other and we enjoyed the simplicity of our gift exchange. Since we had slept most of the day, we hurried to get dressed and get back to the Grand Place (only thing open) to finish exploring. The place was packed, but still we marveled at the beauty of the city center. We also had our first Belgian waffle, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! We bought it off of the street, wrapped in paper and piping hot - I don't think I can eat waffles again here in the States! By the way did I mention that it was COLD in Brussels? After about 2 hours of walking, I could no longer feel my feet! Enjoy the pictures, and more later!

No comments: